The last wave is a 100 meter prop carefully textured in six surfaces: cold-icy polar, ocean water with foam, gold coins, red hot lava, blue alien lava, and blood. Even though the default wave is very large, it works well when scaled and six presets are included to assist with fitting to your scene.
The ocean wave has a soft edge that blends with the stormy sky ocean (HDRI included). The two lava sets have light emissive surfaces. The ocean and ice glow green when lit from behind. The ice cave and rock cliff presets expand the usage of the set through materials, rotation, and scaling. There are three ocean wave configuration presets, a portal, bow wake, and set of four waves. These presets include cameras for easy scene set up. Five of the material presets are tiled for the wave and its geoshell, which allows for scaling on close-up and distant wide angle scenes.
Much thanks to Xenomorphine for brainstorming assistance on textures and usage.
- You may want to delete wave refraction maps for close-ups and/or more translucency.
- The foam is created with instances, adjust the surface of the foam parent to affect all
- Multiple waves can be used at one time.
- Experiment by mixing wave and geoshell materials.
- Large light planes work well to light the Gold Coins wave as they cast reflections onto the surface.